About Triboron two-stroke formula
Triboron two-stroke formula is a patented technology that seems to be the perfect alternative for two-stroke oil to be used by many types of mopeds: Puch, Kreidler, Zündapp, Tomos, Hercules, Sachs and many more. In addition to a sustainable fuel saving (up to 10%), Triboron also reduces harmful emissions of carbon monoxide CO and particulate matter up to 50% and hydrocarbons HC up to 25%. That sounds good, doesn’t it?
How to use Triboron?
Triboron two-stroke formula needs to be mixed with petrol (just like two-stroke oil). Triboron can be used for all types of 2 stroke engines that are powered with petrol, biofuel or ethanol.
The mixture ratio to be used is 1:100 ( 10ml per liter fuel). Yes you are reading it right! There are even people riding a mixture ratio of 1:200 (at own responsibility ;-)).
The advantages of Triboron vs. two-stroke oil?
So why should we, two-stroke moped riders use Triboron two-stroke formula instead of two-stroke oil? According to the company ‘future2green’, Triboron has some great advantages:
- No more smelly, greasy exhaust fumes
- Significant reduction of harmful emissions
- Significant reduction of particulate matters
- Reduction of mechanical friction resulting in more power and lower fuel consumption
- Optimisation of engine performance and efficiency
- Protects the engine from wear ( thanks to the used Boron layer)
- Prevention of engine / exhaust pollution
By using Triboron, you will also please your wallet. How? You will need less of Triboron (1:100 mixing ratio; 1 liter of Triboron per 100 liter of fuel) than two-stroke oil (e.g. 1:50 mixing ratio). Also as stated above, Triboron has a positive impact on your fuel consumption (less mechanical friction). These two factors results in a financial advantage.
My review of Triboron
I got myself a bottle of Triboron two-stroke formulate concentrate and I am ready to test it out! What will I test? It will not be easy to test the difference in friction compared with two-stroke oil. But I will certainly test:
- The fuel consumption (Euro98): two-stroke oil vs. Triboron
- Exhaust smoke impact
- Spark plug quality
- Engine performance
I already allowed myself to check the experiences of other two-stroke moped riders and these are a few things that they are liking about the Triboron two-stroke formula :
- When I start my moped (cold start), there is no more smoke!
- My moped seems to accelerate faster.
- After refilling my thank 3 times, my engine seems to run a lot smoother and accelerates better even when I’m having head wind.
- My spark plug looks way much cleaner.
- I use it on my Gila 74cc, my moped runs smoother and after 2 tanks it runs much better. The mixture is 1:100, so it’s not that expensive as it looked in the first time.
I can’t wait to test it out myself! I will keep you posted (should be finished by the end of June 2018).